Thanks to the online fax services, you no longer need a landline phone number and a fax modem to send fax from Microsoft Word. To fax a word document, you just need to make sure MS Word is installed on your PC or laptop (Windows or Mac) and you have a valid subscription to an online fax service which supports the “fax from word” feature.
The good news is that, FAX.PLUS not only supports the option to send fax from Microsoft Word, it also does it for free. So, go to the FAX.PLUS website, sign up for free and do as follow to fax a word document for free:
See also: How to send fax from Google Docs
How to Send Fax from Microsoft Word on Windows
- Open the word document you want to fax in MS Word software on your laptop or PC
- Click on the File button on the top left side of the screen, followed by the Share button
- Choose the Email option and then click on the “Send As Attachment” button
- Now, your default mail client should open (for example Outlook) with the document file to be faxed as the mail’s attachment (The email address must be the same as the one associated with your FAX.PLUS account)
- Use the To field to enter the recipients’ fax number (Use this pattern: Plus sign + Country Code + Area Code + Fax Number + @fax.plus. for example [email protected])
- Whatever you type in the email’s body will be sent as the cover page of the fax
- Hit the Send button and your MS Word document will be faxed immediately
How to Send Fax from Microsoft Word on Mac OS
- Open the file you want to fax as a word document on your MacBook or iMac (any device that runs Mac OS)
- Follow this path on the Microsoft Wors software: File >> Share >> Send Document
- The Mail app opens automatically and as you can see your word file is already attached to your new mail (Make sure you are using the same email address that is associated with your FAX.PLUS account)
- Enter the fax number of the recipient in the To field Use this pattern: Plus sign + Country Code + Area Code + Fax Number + @fax.plus. for example [email protected])
- If you want to add a cover page to your fax, use the body section and type your message
- Send the email and your word document will be delivered to the recipient as a fax
Don’t forget that with the free FAX.PLUS account you get to send 10 pages for free to more than 150 countries all around the world. There is no limit when it comes to sending fax from Microsoft Word and regardless of the MS Word version you have installed (2010, 2013, 2016 or other versions), you can easily fax a word document for free.
Learn more ways to send a fax online via different platforms.