Thanks to the online fax services, you no longer need a landline phone number and a fax modem to send fax from Microsoft Word. To fax a word document, you just need to make sure MS Word is installed on your PC or laptop (Windows or Mac) and you have a valid subscription to an online fax service that supports the “fax from word” feature.
FAX.PLUS offers 2 different options to send fax from Microsoft Word. The first method is to use the email to fax feature and the second method is to install the FAX.PLUS add-in for Microsoft Word and fax your documents directly from Word app on your PC or laptop.
If you are using Google Docs, you can utilize the Google fax feature and send a fax online from Google Docs.
How to Send Fax from Microsoft Word (using the Office add-in for Word)
- Download and install the FAX.PLUS add-in for Word from Microsoft store for free (Get it now)
- Open the document you wish to fax or write a new one from scratch (The Word add-in supports Word 2013+, Word 2016+, Word 2016 for Mac, and Word Online)
- Find the FAX.PLUS button on the top right side of the screen and click on it to run the Wizard
- Once the sidebar app opens, login with your FAX.PLUS account or create an account for free
- Add the recipient’s fax number and apply necessary changes
- Click on the Send Fax button and your Word document will be transmitted immediately.
How to Send Fax from Microsoft Word on Windows (using the email to fax feature)
- Open the word document you want to fax in MS Word software on your laptop or PC
- Click on the File button on the top left side of the screen, followed by the Share button
- Choose the Email option and then click on the “Send As Attachment” button
- Now, your default mail client should open (for example Outlook) with the document file to be faxed as the mail’s attachment (The email address must be the same as the one associated with your FAX.PLUS account)
- Use the To field to enter the recipients’ fax number (Use this pattern: Plus sign + Country Code + Area Code + Fax Number + @fax.plus. for example [email protected])
- Whatever you type in the email’s body will be sent as the cover page of the fax
- Hit the Send button and your MS Word document will be faxed immediately
How to Send Fax from Microsoft Word on Mac OS (Using the email to fax feature)
- Open the file you want to fax as a word document on your MacBook or iMac (any device that runs Mac OS)
- Follow this path on the Microsoft Wors software: File >> Share >> Send Document
- The Mail app opens automatically and as you can see your word file is already attached to your new mail (Make sure you are using the same email address that is associated with your FAX.PLUS account)
- Enter the fax number of the recipient in the To field Use this pattern: Plus sign + Country Code + Area Code + Fax Number + @fax.plus. for example [email protected])
- If you want to add a cover page to your fax, use the body section and type your message
- Send the email and your word document will be delivered to the recipient as a fax
Don’t forget that with the free FAX.PLUS account you get to send 10 pages for free to more than 150 countries all around the world. There is no limit when it comes to sending fax from Microsoft Word and regardless of the MS Word version you have installed (2010, 2013, 2016 or other versions), you can easily fax a word document for free.
Learn more ways to send fax online via different platforms.