No matter you have MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, or Mac mini, you can easily receive and send fax from Mac running any version of OS X without the need to have a fax modem or fax server. You just need to make surer you Mac device is connected to the internet and leave the rest to the FAX.PLUS. The FAX.PLUS web app enables you to receive and send fax from Mac on anytime and from anywhere.
How to send fax from Mac?
To start sending fax using this online fax service for Mac OS X, simply click here to sign up for free, go to the Send Fax menu, attach the files and documents you'd like to fax, add the recipient's fax number and hit the Send button. And if you want to be able to receive fax on Mac, upgrade your plan to Basic, Premium, or Corporate and choose your desired fax number from 40+ different countries.
And if you are using the Apple's productivty apps, inclduding Pages, Numbers and Keynote, and looking for a way to fax your documents from these apps, we've got a solution for you. If you are using Google products on your macOS device, utilize the Google fax feature and send fax securely from Google applications.
How to send fax from Mac productivity apps, including pages, Numbers, and Keynote?
There are 2 different ways to send your created documents as a fax from Pages, Numbers, and Keynote: You can either export your project as a PDF file and fax the file using the FAX.PLUS web app, or follow these steps and send fax directly from those OS X applications:
- Open the Numbers app on your Mac device (The process is the same for Keynote and Pages)
- Make sure your project is finished and it's ready to be faxed
- On the top menu, click on the Share followed by the Send a Copy and choose Mail from the list
- The default Mail app of the Mac is opened and your document is attached to a new mail automatically
- Now, in the To field, type the destination fax number followed by the @fax.plus (+email@example.com).
- Hit the Send and your document will be faxed immediately (Make sure to use the same email address as associated with your FAX.PLUS account)
So, with FAX.PLUS, the secure HIPAA compliant fax service, you can easily send fax from Mac devices running any version of Mac OS X, including Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra, and High Sierra, and there is also the option to send fax from Numbers, Pages, and Keynotes using the FAX.PLUS email to fax feature. While the option to send fax from MacBook Pro and other Mac devices is free (with the limit of 10 page), you need to upgrade your plan to be able to receive fax as well.
If you are looking for an enterprise fax solution for your business, read the best enterprise fax article.