Are you looking for an online fax service to send fax from Google applications? If your business relies on faxing, and compliance, security, and reliability are of your concern, we’re here to help.
FAX.PLUS is a secure online fax service rated as the “Best Online Fax Service” by PCMAG for 2 consecutive years. It allows individuals and companies of all sizes to send and receive faxes without the need to have a fax machine or fax modem.
FAX.PLUS integrates with Google and adds faxing functionality into your current Google ecosystem so that you can send fax from Google Drive, Google Sheet, Google Docs, Gmail, Chrome browser, and other Google applications. FAX.PLUS integration with Google (Google fax) is available for free to all FAX.PLUS users.
Keep on reading to learn
- What is Google fax?
- What is Google fax number?
- How to send fax from Google Drive?
- How to send fax from Google Docs and Sheets?
- How to send and receive fax with Gmail?
- How to automatically upload received faxes in Google Drive?
- How to install FAX.PLUS Chrome extension
What is Google fax?
Google fax refers to the services and tools that enable Google users to send fax from Google applications such as Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Docs. To initiate the integration and enable Google fax, you need to install the FAX.PLUS add-on for Google Workspace and register to FAX.PLUS using your Google account.
If your company uses Google Workspace, to mitigate compliance and security risks, you can enable SSO on your FAX.PLUS account via Google and let your members access FAX.PLUS from their Google Workspace dashboard. Learn more
What is Google fax number?
A Google fax number usually refers to a Google Voice number with faxing capability, or a fax number linked to a Google account and is acquired from an online fax service.
Like other Google applications, Google Voice doesn’t support faxing either. However, you can port your Google Voice number to FAX.PLUS and send and receive faxes.
See how you can port your Google Voice number to FAX.PLUS.
How to send fax from Google Drive?
If you wish to send PDF files and other supported file types, make sure you have already enabled Google fax (install the add-on and create a user using your Google account) and then:
- Go to Google Drive and find the document (or any other supported file) you wish to fax from Google Drive.
- Right click on the file you want to fax, hover over the Open With and choose FAX.PLUS from the list (If you don’t see FAX.PLUS in the list of apps, make sure you have successfully installed the add-on).
- Login to your FAX.PLUS account (or create a new account for free) and grant the FAX.PLUS add-on the requested permission.
- Add the recipient’s fax number and fax your document.
How to send fax from Google Docs and Google Sheets?
With FAX.PLUS Google integration, you can fax your spreadsheets and documents directly from Google Sheets and Google Docs.
To fax your documents and spreadsheets, make sure you have already enabled Google fax (install the add-on and create a user using your Google account) and then:
- Open the document you wish to fax
- Click on Add-on, followed by the “FAX.PLUS – Fax your document” and finally click on Send to open the FAX.PLUS sidebar menu
- After logging in, enter the recipient’s fax number and hit the Send Fax button
How to send and receive fax with Gmail?
If you use your Google account to create a user on FAX.PLUS, you can utilize the email to fax feature and send fax from Gmail. You will also receive your incoming faxes right into your Gmail inbox.
To send fax from Gmail:
- In the To field, add the recipient’s fax number followed by the @fax.plus (for example, [email protected])
- Attach the documents you want to fax
- Send the email
To receive incoming faxes into your Gmail inbox and get the most of the Google Fax feature, go to the Notification settings in your FAX.PLUS account, and make sure you have chosen “Faxed Documents” as the notification attachment.
How to automatically upload received faxes in Google Drive?
For this purpose, you require to set up the Zapier integration too. Once you enable the integration, and set up the trigger and action, all your incoming faxes will be automatically uploaded to the selected folder in Google Drive.
How to install FAX.PLUS Chrome extension
FAX.PLUS also offers a small yet very helpful extension for Chrome browser that allows quick access to your encrypted archive. You can download the FAX.PLUS Chrome extension from the Chrome Web Store for free.
FAX.PLUS – Best online fax service to send fax securely from Google applications
By utilizing the Google fax feature and integrating FAX.PLUS into your Google ecosystem, you will be able to send fax securely from Google Drive, Gmail, Google Docs, and other Google productivity applications.
FAX.PLUS is a secure online fax service for enterprises and small to medium companies to send & receive faxes from multiple platforms. All your faxes are kept encrypted in your secure archive, and to meet your local data residency requirements, you can choose to store your encrypted faxes in the region of your choice.
Google Fax – FAQ
Can I fax through Google?
Yes, you can send fax from Google applications. You only need a Google account and an online fax service that supports faxing through Google.
Does Google have free fax service?
Google doesn’t offer a fax service. However, there are online fax services that allow you to send fax from Google applications.
How does Google fax work?
Google fax refers to the option to send fax from Google applications, including Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Docs.