In addition to all the security measures we take to ensure the highest level of security and privacy for all our users and their data, the administrators of our Enterprise plans can activate the Advanced Security Controls to have more controls over the protection of their data, and enable stricter security policies to comply with regulations and standards such as HIPAA.
Once you enable Advanced Security Controls for your account, the following changes are applied instantly:
- Email and Slack notifications will only contain a notification message and will not have the faxed document as an attachment. This method makes sure your faxed documents are stored only in a fully encrypted and secure archive for future reference. Additionally, we will not accept any document in the form of an email to fax out and all faxes should only be transmitted via our secure applications.
- Zapier integration will be disabled. However, you can still utilize the API service to integrate faxing functionality into your own system.
- You will also have the option to request to sign a BAA in order to comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
To enable Advanced Security Controls, sign in to your admin account and:
- Go to the Profile section and click on the Security tab
- In the Company-Wide Settings box, find the Advanced Security Control item and click the Activate button next to it
- In the opened modal, click on the Activate button and advanced security control will be activated for your entire team.