If you would like to keep your existing fax number (from another provider) and port it to a FAX.PLUS account, you need to follow these steps:
- Make sure your current number is already in use and your provider supports porting.
- Email us your request (to: [email protected]) along with information regarding your current fax number and the name of your provider.
- We will check to see if your number is portable and get back to you within 1 business day.
- If your number was portable we will ask you to fill out the Letter of Authorization (LOA) (How to fill out the porting LOA) along with the most recent copy of your invoice from your current provider to serve as proof that you own the number.
- We will also ask you to sign up for a paid plan with a random number (this number will be temporarily allocated to your account).
- Once the porting process is done, we will assign the ported fax number (your previously owned fax number) to your FAX.PLUS account and remove the temporary fax number.