If you would like to keep your existing fax number (from another provider) and port it to a FAX.PLUS account, you need to follow these steps:
- Make sure your current number is already in use and your provider supports porting.
- Send us your porting request by filling out this form: Porting Request Form
- We will check to see if your number is portable and get back to you within 1 business day.
- If your number was portable, depending on the country you wish to port your number from, we will ask you to upgrade to a specific plan or higher with a random number (this number will be temporarily allocated to your account). For example, to port a US number you need to upgrade your plan to Premium or higher (Premium, Business or Enterprise).
- Once the plan upgrade is done, we will ask you to fill out a Letter of Authorization (LOA) and send back to us along with the most recent copy of your invoice from your current provider to serve as proof that you own the number.
- Once the porting process is done, we will assign the ported fax number (your previously owned fax number) to your FAX.PLUS account and remove the temporary fax number.
- If you wish to keep both your temporarily assigned number and your ported number on one account, you can simply do so by upgrading your plan to Business or Enterprise.