How can I print received faxes automatically like a regular fax machine?
If your all-in-one printer supports the Email to Print feature, to automatically print faxes on your printer/scanner device:
- Login to your FAX.PLUS account and go to the General tab under the Profile section.
- Click on the Edit button in the Notifications box.
- Click on the Modify button next to the Email item to open the Email Notifications settings.
- Make sure the Received Fax Notification option is set to “On (notify and attach fax to message)”.
- Click on the Multiple email recipients item to toggle it on, and add the printer’s unique email address as one of the recipients.
- Click on Confirm to save the modification.
- Every new fax received will be automatically forwarded to your printer’s email address and printed out, while encrypted copies will also be stored within your Faxes section in your FAX.PLUS account.
If your printer doesn’t support the feature to automatically print new emails, you are required to download the received fax either from your email or FAX.PLUS inbox and send it to your connected printer.
How can I send a fax from my all-in-one printer?
If your MFP (Multi-function printer) device supports the Scan to Email feature, to fax your scanned documents directly from your all-in-one device:
- Make sure the outgoing email address already set up on your all-in-one printer device is the same as your FAX.PLUS username.
- Open the scanner lid, place the document you wish to fax, and close the scanner lid
- On the printer control panel, choose the Email option.
- In the To field, type the destination’s fax number (along with the country and area code) followed by @fax.plus (example: [email protected]).
- Send your email.
If your all-in-one printer/scanner device doesn’t support the Scan to Email feature, you are required to first download the scanned document in your hard drive and then fax the document from the FAX.PLUS Web app or email portal.