Fax still plays a key role when it comes to sending and receiving patients’ sensitive data and most of the healthcare providers and healthcare-related enterprises and companies still prefer using a HIPAA fax solution over other tools and services for transmitting medical documents.
Keep on reading to learn whether all online fax services can be considered as a HIPAA compliant fax solution, the things to consider for choosing the best HIPAA fax service for healthcare providers and why we believe FAX.PLUS beats the competition in every factor as the best online fax service for the healthcare industry nationwide.
Are all online fax services HIPAA Compliant?
The short answer is NO. While there are many online fax services to send and receive documents online, only a handful of them mitigate all HIPAA requirements to safeguard the customers’ data, individuals’ protected health information (PHI) and electronic protected health information (ePHI).
If you are looking for a HIPAA fax solution for your healthcare provider company, don’t forget to confirm whether they are a HIPAA compliant fax service or not.
How to choose the best HIPAA fax solution for healthcare providers?
- Make sure they sign BAA (Business Associate Agreement): Being a HIPAA compliant fax service doesn’t necessarily bring any obligation to both parties and doesn’t create any bond of liability.
- Make sure it comes with the option to add a cover sheet: According to the HIPAA rules when faxing patient information, you need to add a cover sheet to display the HIPAA disclaimer upfront as well as the intended recipient and cover the content of the transmitted information.
- Make sure it offers a user-friendly interface: You’ve come the long way of migrating from the traditional fax solution to the modern cloud-based fax solution, just to be more productive and transmit documents easily and conveniently. So, don’t forget to pay attention to the interface of the HIPAA fax solution you are going with.
- Make sure you can keep your own fax number: If your current fax number is important to your firm, before making any action, make sure you have the ability to keep your current fax number and port it to your new provider.
- Make sure it is affordable: And last but not least is about pricing. If you are dealing with mass faxing and transmit high-volume faxes, make sure to check available plans and see whether it suits your needs or not.
Why FAX.PLUS is the best HIPAA fax solution for healthcare providers?
FAX.PLUS not only checks and delivers every factor you have in mind for a perfect HIPAA fax solution it also raises the standards by offering instant updates, different integrations such as G Suite and Slack integration, and the option to send faxes directly from different applications such as Microsoft Word and Google Docs.
Let’s take a look at the main features of FAX.PLUS, as the best HIPAA fax solution for healthcare providers:
- HIPAA compliant online fax service
- Fax files at rest are encrypted using 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Slack integration (Learn more)
- Send fax from Microsoft Word or Google Docs
- Send fax from email
- Offers cloud fax API to integrate with your own enterprise or software
- Supports mass faxing to transmit high-volume faxes
- No setup cost or hidden fees
Conclusion: It’s time to migrate to a modern and secure cloud-based faxing solution
Overall, FAX.PLUS is a complete HIPAA fax solution for healthcare providers that focuses on security and privacy of its users without compromising ease of use and reliability.
Click on the button below to learn more about FAX.PLUS HIPAA Compliance Statement and start migrating your faxing infrastructure to a secure and reliable cloud faxing solution.
If you are looking for an enterprise fax solution for your business, read the best enterprise fax article.